- INDICATIONSEntocort is used to prevent asthma attacks. It will not treat an asthma attack that has already begun.INSTRUCTIONSUse Entocort exactly as directed by your Health Provider.If you are not sure how to use this device, reread the patient information leaflet or ask your pharmacist. This medication is inhaled into the lungs using a special inhaling device. Follow the directions for using this medicine provided by your doctor. This medicine comes with a patient information leaflet. Place the mouthpiece between your lips and breathe in rapidly and deeply through your mouth. The drug will be inhaled as you breathe in. Hold your breath for 10 seconds to assure it reaches deep into your lungs. Slowly breathe out.
Do not exhale into device.
Replace the cover if the inhaler device is dropped, shaken, or you accidentally breathe into the device after the dose has been loaded, you will lose your dose. Load and inhale another dose.
Do not use the inhaler if it has been damaged or if the mouthpiece has become detached. If two inhalations are prescribed, wait at least one minute between inhalations.
If using other inhalers, use this one(the corticosteroid) last and wait several minutes after using the other(s) before using this one. To prevent dry mouth and hoarseness, rinse your mouth after each use.
Do not increase your dose, use this more frequently or stop using this medication without first consulting your doctor.
This medication works best if used consistently at even intervals. It is usually used once in the morning and evening.
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Use exactly as prescribed by your Health Provider.
Store Entocort between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Entocort out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do NOT use Entocort if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Entocort;
- you are taking mifepristone.
Entocort may cause dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Take Entocort with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
Entocort may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Entocort before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery. Inform your Health Provider if you have not had chickenpox, shingles, or measles, avoid contact with anyone who does.
Entocort may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely and ask your doctor before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Entocort while you are pregnant. Entocort is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Entocort.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- change in mood or behavior;
- chest pain;
- severe headache;
- sudden increase in weight;
- swelling of the ankles;
- unusual bruising; vision changes.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- back pain;
- changes in menstrual cycle;
- respiratory tract infection;
- stomach pain;
- trouble sleeping;
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
1 inhalers Per Pack, 2 inhalers Per Pack, 3 inhalers Per Pack, 4 inhalers Per Pack, 5 inhalers Per Pack, 6 inhalers Per Pack, 7 inhalers Per Pack, 8 inhalers Per Pack, 9 inhalers Per Pack, 10 inhalers Per Pack